Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Dining Rooms - Roomspiration Continues

Roomspiration continues this morning with Dining Rooms over at Involving Color.   
Here is a tour of my dining room:
Here is a close-up of the gorgeous drapes I added recently.  The fabric came from Calico Corners.  The bolt of fabric was super discounted because it's dye lot did not match up with the sample.  In my case this color lot worked better than the original so I benefited from the 80% discount on real silk.
The rug was a Home Goods find.  When I stumbled upon it I wasn't even necessarily in the market for a new rug.  I usually find my best stuff when I'm not actually looking for it.
I love this side of the room.  The artwork is also from Home Goods...I believe they were $14.99 each.  That's the best $60 ever spent!

The lamp bases I already had...I just updated them with a new lampshade from where else?...
Home Goods.
The runner is from Pottery Barn to coordinate with the bird motif I was sporting with the artwork.

Here is the other side of the room.
I had wanted this lamp from Ethan Allen for two years.  It was so expensive.  Then I went to the Ethan Allen sale last year and there it was.  Well, there were actually two of them but someone had gotten to both of them faster than me...then luckily she decided only to buy one.  They were a fraction of the store price and in perfect condition.

I recently decided to add a sitting area to my dining room.  I just took the two head chairs and a side table from the living room and created a space to just sit and relax in the bay window area.  
I made the pillows using fabric from Dwell Studios and satin ribbon as the trim.  It made the room.  I love my dining room...the only thing is I think I'm over the dark red/maroon walls.  So while I'm over linking up at Roomspiration,  I'm also going to be looking for inspiration on some new wall colors for the dining room.  
So please drop by Roomspiration and link up your dining room posts today.  
It doesn't even have to be a new post.  
I'm off to link up my dining room to:

InvolvingColor

I hope to see you over there.

Have a great weekend!!

-Judy

14 comments:

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

What a GREAT savings! Your fabric is beautiful, so is your room! Right down to the charming chair pillow! So pretty!

Jean @ Flower Hill said...

Beautiful space!

Unknown said...

SUCH a beautiful room :)

Blessings!
Gail

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

Gorgeous! I love the wall colors!

Unknown said...

You have an elegance about your decorating that is just wonderful. I hope you get to use this dining room often. I can picture it for Thanksgiving. Beautiful.

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

Sooooo pretty!

Jena @ Involving Color and Home said...

Judy, your dining room is beautiful! The drape fabric and rug were awesome finds. I always seem to find the best deals when I'm not looking for them too. Of course, that means when I need something I can't find it, ha! Thanks so much for linking up!

natasha {schue love} said...

Love the PB runner! Gorgeous room!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Beautiful-love the drapes!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your dining room is stunning. I love the drapes, the fabric is fabulous. What a great find. I can't wait to see what new color you pick. I also love your lamps, they are really pretty and all of your accessories are just perfect. Hugs, Marty

laxsupermom said...

Love your dining room! Love the new drapes, and even better to get a deal on it! It looks like such an inviting room, like one you'd linger at after the dinner was long since finished. Thanks for sharing.

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Beautiful! I simply love all the wall colors in your house. They make a gorgeous backdrop for the beautiful decor of your rooms..Loving the bird theme in your dining room... the art work ties in so beautifully with your PB runner and those awesome satin trimmed pillows.The lamp shade detailing in all your lamps are so well thought out and looks soo pretty. I really loved touring your beautiful living room. Thanks for the inspiration! Happy Sunday to you~Poppy

http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

Susan Anderson said...

Love the rug and the runner especially. And that neat pillow!

=)

Micheal Alexander said...

Thanks a lot for sharing this amazing knowledge with us. This site is fantastic. I always find great knowledge from it. Nursery blackout curtains

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...